Guest Internet Access Policy
Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
This agreement is made between Spotless Facility Services Pty Ltd trading as Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
(ABN 83 072 293 880) (PCEC) of 21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth WA 6000 and Guest, on the following terms.
- PCEC has agreed to provide Guest with internet access whilst present on PCEC Premises for the Time.
- Guest agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions whilst using access granted by PCEC to use the internet.
Terms and conditions:
- PCEC hereby grants Guest restricted access to use the internet in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Guests access will be granted access for the Time through the provision of a temporary user access.
- At the discretion of PCEC, use of the internet service may incur a fee to access the internet service, which must be paid by the Guest prior to use.
- Guest’s access will expire upon expiry of the Time and access will be denied if Guest attempts to access the internet after expiry of the Time.
- Guest must only access and use the internet in accordance with the permitted use for the permitted time as set out in the terms of this agreement and any security policy provided by PCEC from time to time.
- Guest acknowledges that access to certain web sites is not permissible. This includes (but is not limited to) limited to sites classified within the following categories:
- Instant messaging (ie: MSN Messenger),
- Sexually explicit,
- Weapons, and
- Bandwidth intensive sites (ie: YouTube).
- Guest must take all reasonable steps to ensure that any computer used to access the internet is free from virus and other forms of malicious software.
- Guest must comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations that relate to your use of or activities relating to internet access. PCEC reserves the right to report potentially criminal activity to appropriate law enforcement agencies.
- Guest is responsible for all activity related to its access to the internet using the Guest access provided by PCEC.
- PCEC does not provide guaranteed minimum service levels. From time to time, Guest may encounter faults and errors which may not be limited to interruptions, timeouts and speed issues. PCEC will endeavor to fix any issues however does not agree that these issues will be resolved within a particular timeframe.
- PCEC does not guarantee the security of the service. Guest uses the service and transfers any data at the Guest’s own risk. PCEC is not responsible for encrypting Guest’s data and protecting Guest’s computer from unauthorised access.
- PCEC is not responsible for the content that may be accessed by the Guest.
- PCEC may at any time apply traffic control methods that may reduce the speed of the Guest’s connection. This is in order to ensure that all users are able to use our service.
- Unlawful or Improper Use
Guest must not use or access the internet for unlawful or improper use. This includes (but is not limited to):
- using the internet to attempt to access or implicate the security of PCEC Systems;
- knowingly browse, display or transmit material that contravenes PCEC’s internal business polices, including (but not limited to) PCEC’s business code of conduct, or which could contravene any law, regulation or policy relating to discrimination, workplace harassment, or any other applicable law, regulation or policy;
- using access granted under this Agreement to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including material deemed threatening or obscene;
- engaging in any kind of illegal, criminal or tortious activity through the use of the internet via the Guest access provided under this Agreement, including infringement of any third party intellectual property rights (including without limitation copyright, trade marks, patent, trade secrets and confidential information), fraud, child pornography, trafficking in obscene material, violation of applicable export restrictions, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, hacking, sending of viruses or other harmful files, or illegal posting of computer passwords or computer code;
- participating in private /public discussion groups;
- releasing or disclosing confidential information of PCEC;
- originate or knowingly transmit spoofing, spamming or chain messages; or
- Confidentiality and System Security
- Guest must keep any logins and/or passwords private and secure and must not provide them to any other person. Guest is not permitted to log on or gain access as another user or person.
- The PCEC network is a public network. As such, PCEC does not guarantee the security of Guest’s data and Guest uses the service at its own risk.
- PCEC does not guarantee that Guest’s use of the internet via Guest access under this Agreement will be confidential. PCEC is not responsible for any harm that Guest or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect of Guest’s use of the internet via access under this Agreement.
- Any information that Guest discloses using access under this Agreement may not be secure during its transmission over the internet. Third parties may be able to intercept transmissions made when using this site.
- Monitoring and Surveillance
- Guest agrees that all PCEC Systems and electronic records are the property of PCEC.
- Guest acknowledges that PCEC has the capability to monitor the use of PCEC electronic and communications systems and will do so on an ongoing basis, using means available within the relevant legislation.
- PCEC may review, reject or cancel Guest’s use at any time for any reason.
- Removal of Access, Blocking Sites and Scanning
PCEC reserves the right to:
- withhold or block Guest’s access to particular sites, material, any/or all services, whether for a period of time or permanently;
- scan and filter incoming and outgoing communications and withhold the communication from continuing to the intended destination.
- If a jurisdiction allows liability to be limited but not excluded, our total liability is limited to the maximum extent possible. For example, under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) in Australia, our liability for any breach of a condition or warranty that is implied by law and cannot be excluded is limited to the extent possible to us doing any one or more of the following (at our election and in our sole discretion):
- Resupplying goods or services to you or supplying equivalent goods;
- Repairing the goods; or
- Paying the cost of having the goods or services resupplied or goods repaired.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify rights which you may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or any other legislation which may not be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
- Guest acknowledges that access to the internet is provided "as is" and "as available". Your use of Guest access including all Content, data or software distributed by, downloaded or accessed from or through this connection is at your own risk.
- Without limiting the generality of clause 7 PCEC does not warrant that access to the internet will be free from viruses or other corrupted materials or occasional outages or disruption to service which could prevent Guest from accessing the internet. PCEC does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the internet via access provided by this Agreement.
- Termination and Suspension
PCEC reserves the right, without notice and in its sole and absolute discretion, to discontinue, suspend or terminate any service offered by or through this access at any time.
From time to time, PCEC may collect information about your wireless enabled device during your use of Guest access. This may include information regarding your web browser type and/or operating system, IP and MAC address, the amount of data sent and received from your device while using Guest access and the specifications of your wireless enabled device.
PCEC will collect this information for the purpose of providing you with access to the WiFi service; in accordance with all applicable legislation and these terms and conditions.
- Information Security Policy
- Guest acknowledges that any electronic transmission of PCEC Confidential Information outside of PCEC is prohibited, unless Guest has received approval in writing from a PCEC authorised person, and if approval is granted Guest must comply with all conditions attached to the approval.
- Guest must ensure that any computer which uses a right of access is physically secure so as to prevent, in so far as practicable, any of the following:
- access to the internet via access granted by PCEC, by any other person other than Guest;
- any damage to PCEC Systems;
- any unauthorised, or unlawful, use of information to which access may be gained through PCEC internet access.
- Guest must notify PCEC reception manager forthwith:
- if any computer virus is detected in incoming or outgoing data; or
- if Guest becomes aware of any use of a right of access by another person which might reasonably be considered to constitute a breach of any provision of this Agreement or a PCEC policy.
Agreement means the terms and conditions herein;
Guest means the party to this Agreement who PCEC has specifically provided user access and login details to access the internet using PCEC’s provided access and who has specifically accepted the terms of this Agreement;
PCEC Confidential Information means any information belonging, used or held by PCEC;
PCEC IS Systems means PCEC computing network and systems;
PCEC Premises means 21 Mounts Bay Road, Perth WA 6000;
Time means the permitted period of time, as defined by PCEC, that a Guest has been given to access the internet